uniladtech homepage
  • News
    • Tech News
    • AI
  • Gadgets
    • Apple
    • iPhone
  • Gaming
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
  • Science
    • News
    • Space
  • Streaming
    • Netflix
  • Vehicles
    • Car News
  • Social Media
    • WhatsApp
    • YouTube
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
TikTok
Snapchat
WhatsApp
Submit Your Content
Elon Musk releases shocking statement in response to being 'banned' from UK event
Home>News
Published 15:54 26 Sep 2024 GMT+1

Elon Musk releases shocking statement in response to being 'banned' from UK event

It's believed he was uninvited from the Summit due to comments made on social media

Rebecca Oakes

Rebecca Oakes

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Gotham/Contributor/Matt Cardy/Contributor/Getty Images
News
Elon Musk
Social Media
Twitter

Advert

Advert

Advert

He may be the CEO of Tesla but Elon Musk is arguably just as well known for his controversial behavior on social media.

In 2020, he wiped a jaw-dropping $14 billion off Tesla's stock market value with a seven-word tweet.

And earlier this month, his own daughter called his words 'heinous incel nonsense' after he bizarrely told Taylor Swift, "Fine Taylor … you win … I will give you a child and guard your cats with my life," following her endorsement of Kamala Harris for the US presidency.

Now, it appears that the 53-year-old's inability to bite his tongue has got him banned from the UK government's International Investment Summit and it's safe to say he's not too happy about it.

Advert

Elon Musk has hit back after being banned from the UK government's International Investment Summit (Gotham/Contributor/Getty Images)
Elon Musk has hit back after being banned from the UK government's International Investment Summit (Gotham/Contributor/Getty Images)

Earlier today, the BBC reported that the ban came about following a series of X (formerly Twitter) posts Musk made during riots in the country last month.

Violence spread across the UK in August after three children were tragically killed in a stabbing attack at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class in Southport.

A number of people were arrested for participating in the violent protests and others were charged with encouraging unrest on social media.

At the time, the SpaceX co-founder posted on X criticising Primer Minister Sir Keir Starmer and suggesting that 'civil war is inevitable.'

He also shared, and later deleted, a conspiracy theory, about the UK building 'detainment camps' on the Falkland Islands for rioters.

Members of Parliament said Musk's comments were 'totally unjustifiable' and 'deplorable.' They are believed to be the reason he has not been invited to the event which will take place on October 14.

Now, Musk seems to have hit back in the way he knows best - with a scathing post on X.

It's believed social media posts he'd written about last month's riots in the UK led to him being uninvited (Matt Cardy/Contributor/Getty Images)
It's believed social media posts he'd written about last month's riots in the UK led to him being uninvited (Matt Cardy/Contributor/Getty Images)

In response to a news article about the ban, Musk wrote: "I don’t think anyone should go to the UK when they’re releasing convicted pedophiles in order to imprison people for social media posts."

This refers to the fact that the UK government released some prisoners earlier this month to reduce prison overcrowding.

However, it must be noted that no people serving sentences for sexually based offences were amongst the prisoners set free.

But this isn't the only spot of bother the tech billionaire has landed himself in recently.

On September 19, adult party games company Cards Against Humanity (CAH) filed a $15 million lawsuit against Musk's SpaceX for trespassing on and causing damage to their property.

The lawsuit claims that the astronautics company has been using a plot of land owned by CAH without permission for the past six months as a staging area for construction.

But, while an offer from SpaceX to buy the land for less than half its value was rejected, CAH did cheekily say it would accept X as compensation.

Choose your content:

2 days ago
  • Universal Pictures
    2 days ago

    Elon Musk brands one of 2026's biggest movies 'racist' as casting backlash continues

    Universal's blockbuster continues to be caught in a storm of historical accuracy

    News
  • NurPhoto / Contributor via Getty
    2 days ago

    Starbucks make groundbreaking move in 'first major defeat' to the AI job sector

    The leading coffee chain has binned a key AI tool

    News
  • Enhances Games / YouTube
    2 days ago

    What drugs would actually create a superhuman athlete as controversial Enhanced Games begins

    Here's how athletes gain an artificial edge at the 'steroids olypmics'

    News
  • Iuliia Burmistrova / Getty
    2 days ago

    Science behind ‘most powerful weight-loss jab ever’ dubbed 'Godzilla of weight loss'

    Eli Lilly is currently testing the powerful drug in several Phase 3 clinical trials

    Science
  • Elon Musk says daughter Vivian was 'killed by woke mind virus' as he vows to destroy it
  • Elon Musk slammed for being 'openly racist' after calling out Christopher Nolan's ‘The Odyssey’ casting
  • Elon Musk tried to dodge a $650,000 fine by claiming Twitter 'no longer exists'
  • Mother of Elon Musk's 13th child reveals what billionaire said about being father to Amber Heard's children